Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, raise and support the vehicle.
- Index the front axle pinion flange to the front driveshaft.
- Index the transfer case pinion flange to the front driveshaft.
- Remove the front driveshaft-to-transfer case bolts and retainers.
- Remove the front driveshaft-to-front axle bolts.
- Remove the front driveshaft.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Torque the bolts at the axle end to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm); the transfer case end bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).