Removal & Installation
The oil pressure senders/switches are located as follows:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove oil filter drip shield (4.6L DOHC engines)
- Disconnect the wiring at the sender/switch.
- Remove the oil pressure sender/switch from the engine.
- Coat the threads with electrically conductive sealer and thread the unit into place. Tighten the sender/switch to 10-18 ft. lbs (13-24 Nm).
- Attach the wiring to the sender/switch.
- Install oil filter drip shield (4.6L DOHC engines)
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Locate the oil pressure sensor on the engine.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical harness.
- Unfasten and remove the sensor from the engine.
- Coat the new sensor with Teflon® tape or electrically conductive sealer.
- Install the sensor and tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Attach the sensor-s electrical connector.
- Start the engine, allow it to reach operating temperature and check for leaks.
- Check for proper sensor operation.
- Test and verify the engine oil pressure. If no or insufficient pressure exists, oil pressure problem exists and gauge and sensor are operational, repair oil pressure problem.
- Check the appropriate fuse before attempting any other diagnostics.
- Unplug the sensor electrical harness.
- Using an ohmmeter, check continuity between the sensor terminals.
- With the engine stopped, continuity should not exist.
- With the engine running, continuity should exist.
- If continuity does not exist as stated, the sensor is faulty.