REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the vehicle and install jackstands under the frame. Position a jack beneath the spring under the axle. Raise the jack and compress the spring.
- Remove the nut retaining the shock absorber to the radius arm. Slide the shock out from the stud.
- Remove the nut that retains the spring to the axle and radius arm. Remove the retainer.
- Slowly lower the axle until all spring tension is released and adequate clearance exists to remove the spring from its mounting.
- Remove the spring by rotating the upper coil out of the tabs in the upper spring seat. Remove the spacer and the seat.
- If required, remove the stud from the axle assembly.
- If removed, install the stud on the axle and torque to 190-230 ft. lbs. Install the lower seat and spacer over the stud.
- Place the spring in position and slowly raise the front axle. Ensure springs are positioned correctly in the upper spring seats.
- Position the spring lower retainer over the stud and lower seat and torque the attaching nut to 70-100 ft. lbs.
- Position the shock absorber to the lower stud and install the attaching nut. Tighten the nut to 41-63 ft. lbs. Lower the vehicle.