REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Drain the cooling system. Remove the overflow tube from the coolant recovery bottle and from the radiator.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Disconnect the transmission cooling lines from the bottom of the radiator, if so equipped.
- Remove the retaining bolts at the top of the shroud, and position the shroud over the fan, clear of the radiator.
- Disconnect the upper and lower hoses from the radiator.
- Remove the radiator retaining bolts or the upper supports and lift the radiator from the vehicle.
- Install the radiator in the reverse order of removal. Fill the cooling system and check for leaks.