REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This procedure only applies to the 2.3L turbo diesel engine.
- Disconnect battery ground cable from both batteries.
- Remove support brackets from A/C compressor bracket, inlet fitting and intake manifold.
- Remove A/C compressor from mounting bracket and position out of the way.
- Remove inlet fitting from intake manifold.
- Remove air inlet tube from air cleaner-to-turbo inlet.
- Remove wastegate actuator from turbocharger and mounting bracket.
- Raise vehicle and disconnect muffler inlet pipe from turbo exhaust fitting. Lower vehicle.
- Disconnect turbo oil feed line from cylinder head and turbo center housing.
- Remove nuts attaching exhaust manifold to cylinder head and remove exhaust manifold and turbocharger as an assembly.
- Remove turbocharger from exhaust manifold.
- Install turbocharger on exhaust manifold. Tighten nuts to specification.
- Position exhaust manifold on cylinder head and install attaching nut. Tighten nuts to specification.
- Install turbo oil feed line and tighten fittings and clamp bolt to specification.
Fill the feed line with oil before attaching it.
- Raise vehicle and connect muffler inlet pipe to turbo exhaust fitting. Tighten to specification. Lower vehicle.
- Install wastegate actuator. Tighten bolts to specification.
- Install air inlet tube between turbo inlet and air cleaner.
- Connect inlet fitting to intake manifold and tighten to specification.
- Install A/C compressor and compressor mounting bracket braces.
- Connect battery ground cables to both batteries.
- Run engine and check for oil and exhaust leaks.