REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Outer Hub Cover
See Figure 1
- Loosen the front wheel lug nuts.
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle.
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel/tire assembly.
- If equipped, remove the lug nut retainer washers from the wheel studs.
Some gentle tapping with a soft faced hammer may help to loosen the locking hub cover if it seems stuck.
- Remove the automatic locking hub cover assembly from the rotor by pulling straight outward.
- Inspect the O-ring seal on the back side of the hub assembly and, if damaged, replace it.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Ensure that the rotor mounting face is flat and free of burrs, dirt or grease, especially where the O-ring seal makes contact.
See Figures 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Remove the outer hub cover.
- Remove the snap-ring from the end of the splined axle shaft.
- Remove the axle shaft spacer(s).
- Pull the locking cam assembly and the two thrust spacers (behind cam assembly) from the wheel bearing adjusting nut.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Make sure to install the two thrust spacers first. Also, when pushing or pressing the locking cam into position, ensure that the key in the cam assembly is aligned with the keyway of the front spindle.