REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the two steering column shroud-to-panel retaining screws and remove the shroud.
- Remove the lower instrument panel trim.
- Remove the cluster trim cover from the instrument panel by removing the eight screws.
- Remove the four instrument cluster to panel retaining screws.
- Position the cluster slightly away from the panel for access to the back of the cluster to disconnect the speedometer.
If there is not sufficient access to disengage the speedometer cable from the speedometer, it may be necessary to remove the speedometer cable at the transmission and pull cable through cowl, to allow room to reach the speedometer quick disconnect.
- Disconnect the wiring harness connector from the printed circuit, and any bulb-and-socket assemblies from the wiring harness to the cluster assembly and remove the cluster assembly from the instrument panel.
- Apply approximately 1 / 8 in. diameter ball of D7AZ-19A331-A Silicone Dielectric compound or equivalent in the drive hole of the speedometer head.
- Position the cluster near its opening in the instrument panel.
- Connect the wiring harness connector to the printed circuit, and any bulb-and-socket assemblies from the wiring harness to the cluster assembly.
- Position the cluster to the instrument panel and install the four cluster to panel retaining screws.
- Install the panel trim covers and the steering column shroud.
- Connect the battery ground cable.
- Check operation of all gauges, lamps and signals.