REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the door trim panel and speaker if applicable.
- Remove the screw from the division bar. Remove the inside belt weatherstrip(s) if equipped.
- Remove the 2 vent window attaching screws from the front edge of the door.
- Lower the glass and pull the glass out of the run retainer near the vent window division bar, just enough to allow the removal of the vent window, if equipped.
- Push the front edge of the glass downward and remove the rear glass run retainer from the door.
- If equipped with retaining rivets, remove them carefully. Otherwise, remove the glass from the channel using Glass and Channel Removal Tool 2900, made by the Sommer and Mala Glass Machine Co. of Chicago, ILL., or its equivalent. Remove the glass through the belt opening if possible.
- Install the glass spacer and retainer into the retention holes.
- Install the glass into the door, position on the bracket and align the retaining holes.
- Carefully install the retaining rivets or equivalent.
- Raise the glass to the full closed position.
- Install the rear glass run retainer and glass run. Install the inside belt weatherstrip(s).
- Check for smooth operation before installing the trim panel.
See Figure 2
- Remove the door trim panel. If equipped with power windows, disconnect the wire from the regulator
- Support the glass in the full UP position or remove completely.
- Remove the window guide and glass bracket if equipped.
- Remove the center pins from the regulator attaching rivets.
- Drill out the regulator attaching rivets using a 1 / 4 in. (6mm) drill bit.
- Disengage the regulator arm from the glass bracket and remove the regulator.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. 1 / 4 in.-20 x 1 / 2 in. bolts and nuts may be used in place of the rivets to attach the regulator.