See Figures 1 and 2
- Apply the parking brake and place the gear shift lever in any position other than Neutral (N) or Reverse (R).
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
According to the manufacturer, no fluid will leak from the transmission when the switch is removed, but as a precautionary measure, bring a drain pan under the vehicle with you.
- Disconnect the electrical wire harness plug from the transmission back-up light switch.
- Remove the switch from the transmission.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. If necessary, or since your there, check the transmission fluid level and top-off as needed.