See Figure 1
This applies to manual shift 13-50 and 13-54 models.
The following procedure should be used, if a partial or incomplete engagement of the transfer case shift lever detent is experienced or if the control assembly requires removal.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the shift boot to expose the top surface of the cam plates.
- Loosen the 1 large and 1 small bolt, approximately 1 turn. Move the transfer case shift lever to the 4L position (lever down).
- Move the cam plate rearward until the bottom chamfered corner of the neutral lug just contacts the forward right edge of the shift lever.
- Hold the cam plate in this position and torque the larger bolt first to 70-90 ft. lbs. (95-122 Nm) and torque the smaller bolt to 31-42 ft. lbs. (42-57 Nm).
- Move the transfer case in cab shift lever to all shift positions to check for positive engagement. There should be a clearance between the shift lever and the cam plate in the 2H front and 4H rear (clearance not to exceed 3.3mm) and 4L shift positions.
- Install the shift boot assembly.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.