REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The front washer fluid reservoir is connected to the coolant overflow tank, which will be removed as an assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical plug and hose from the washer fluid reservoir. Also, if removing the front washer pump, disconnect the coolant overflow hose from its reservoir.
- Remove the reservoir attaching screws and lift the assembly from the vehicle.
- Drain and discard the contents of the washer fluid reservoir.
- Using a small prytool, pry out the pump retaining ring.
- Use a pair of pliers and grasp the pump on one wall around the electrical terminals. Pull out the motor and seal from the reservoir.
- Thoroughly clean the reservoir pump chamber and ensure that there is no foreign material in it.
- Lubricate the outside of the pump seal with a dry lubricant, such as graphite powder.
- If equipped, align the small tab on the motor with the notch on the reservoir.
- Install the motor so that the seal seats against the bottom of the chamber.
- Use a 1 inch (25.4mm) socket, preferable a 12-point socket, hand press the retaining ring securely against the motor end plate.
- Install the reservoir assembly.
- Connect the hoses and electrical harness plug.
- Fill the reservoir and operate the washer system. Check for leaks.