- Remove the rear wheel speed sensor from the axle housing.
- Connect a Digital Volt/Ohm Meter (DVOM) across the two sensor terminals and record the reading.
- The reading should be between 0.8 and 1.4 k Ohms.
- If not, replace the sensor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the wiring from the harness.
- Remove the sensor hold-down bolt and remove the sensor from the axle.
- Thoroughly clean the mounting surfaces. Make sure no dirt falls into the axle. Clean the magnetized sensor pole piece. Metal particles can cause sensor problems. Replace the O-ring.
- Coat the new O-ring with clean engine oil.
- Position the new sensor on the axle. It should slide into place easily. Correct installation will allow a gap of 0.005-0.045 in.
- Torque the hold-down bolt to 25-30 ft. lbs.
- Connect the wiring.