Only the A4LD transmissions use a vacuum diaphragm (or modulator). All other models are PCM controlled and do not require vacuum supply from the engine.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Disconnect the hose from the vacuum diaphragm.
- Remove the vacuum diaphragm retaining clamp bolt and clamp. Do not pry on the clamp.
- Pull the vacuum diaphragm from the transmission case and remove the vacuum diaphragm control rod from the transmission case.
- Install the vacuum diaphragm control rod from the transmission case.
- Push the vacuum diaphragm into the case and secure it with the clamp and bolt. Tighten to 80-106 inch lbs. (9-12Nm).
- Fit the vacuum hose to the diaphragm.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.