REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Only the EEC-IV ignition systems use an external ICM. EEC-V systems have incorperated the ICM into the Power Control Module (PCM).
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the wiring harness connector(s) from the ICM.
- Remove the mounting bolts, then remove the ICM.
- Position the ICM onto the inner fender apron and install the mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 22-31 inch lbs (2.5-3.5 Nm).
- Attach the wiring harness connector(s) to the ICM.
- Connect the negative battery cable.