REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the driveshaft from the vehicle.
- Separate the driveshaft from the coupling shaft maintaining proper orientation.
- Remove the nut retaining the half round yoke to the coupling shaft and remove the yoke.
- Check the center bearing support for wear by rotating the outer area while holding the coupling shaft. If any wear or roughness is evident, replace the bearing.
- Inspect the rubber insulator for evidence of hardness, cracking or deterioration. Replace if damaged in any way.
- Re-install the coupling shaft yoke.
Be sure the yoke is re-installed on the coupling shaft in the same orientation as it was originally installed. The orientation is critical so that proper driveshaft balance and U-joint phasing is maintained. Tighten the retaining nut to 100-120 ft. lbs. (135-162Nm).
- Re-assemble the driveshaft to the coupling shaft, maintaining proper orientation.