REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable for safety.
- Remove the engine fan/clutch assembly and shroud.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- If equipped, unbolt the crankshaft pulley from the damper.
- Remove the damper-to-crankshaft snout attaching bolt.
- Assemble a puller to the damper and remove it.
- Inspect the front cover seal and replace if necessary.
- Apply multi-purpose grease to the front cover seal rubbing surface.
- Apply a small amount of RTV sealant to the damper keyway groove.
- Align the groove with the crankshaft keyway and install the damper.
- Use a crankshaft damper installation tool to press the damper onto the crankshaft.
- Install the damper-to-crankshaft snout and tighten to specifications.
- Install the crankshaft pulley and the accessory drive belt.
- Install the engine fan/clutch assembly and the shroud.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Run the engine and check for oil leaks.