REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Fixed Mast Antenna
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the antenna lead-in cable from the cable assembly in-line connector above the glove box.
- Working under the instrument panel, disengage the cable from its retainers.
On some models, it may be necessary to remove the instrument panel pad to get at the cable.
- Unscrew the antenna mast from the base.
- Outside, unsnap the cap from the antenna base.
- Remove the 3 screws and lift off the antenna, pulling the cable with it, carefully.
- Remove and discard the gasket.
- Place the gasket in position on the cowl panel.
- Insert the antenna cable through the hole and seat the antenna base on the cowl. Secure with the 3 screws.
- Position the cap over the antenna base and snap it into place.
- Install the antenna mast to the base.
- Route the cable in exactly the same position as before removal behind the instrument panel.
- Connect the cable to the in-line connector above the glove box.
See Figure 2
- Ensure that the antenna is in the fully retracted position.
- Remove the retaining screws for the right-hand front wheel splash shield for access to the lower retaining screw.
- Remove the lower antenna mounting bracket retaining screw.
- Unsnap the antenna base cap from the antenna base and remove it.
- Loosen and remove the antenna-to-base retaining nut.
- Disconnect the electrical wire harness plug and the antenna lead-in wire at the antenna.
- Remove the antenna through the fender/splash shield access.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.