REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
It is highly recommended that you have at least one assistant helping during this operation.
- Open the hood.
- Matchmark the hood-to-hinge position.
- Disconnect any electrical wire harness plugs.
- Have you're assistant(s) support the weight of the hood.
- Remove the hood-to-hinge bolts and lift the hood off of the hinges.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal. Loosely install the hood and align the matchmarks. Tighten the bolts securely.
- Open the hood and matchmark the hinge and latch positions.
- Loosen the hinge-to-hood bolts just enough to allow movement of the hood.
- Move the hood as required to obtain the proper fit and alignment between the hood and all adjoining body panels. Tighten the bolts securely when satisfactorily aligned.
- Loosen the 2 latch attaching bolts.
- Move the latch from side-to-side to align the latch with the striker. Torque the latch bolts.
- Lubricate the latch and hinges and check the hood fit several times.