REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the spare tire from the carrier.
- Remove the bolt attaching the hinge assembly to the channel.
- Remove the stud plate and the nuts attaching the hinge to the rear crossmember.
- Remove the eye bolt from the channel.
- Remove the bolts attaching the support assembly to the frame and remove the support.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
See Figure 2
- Lower the spare tire and work the lift cup through the wheel to release the cable.
- Remove the 2 screws attaching the winch to the support and remove the winch assembly from the underside of the truck.
- Position the winch assembly on its support and install the screws.
- Insert the cable end through the center of the wheel and raise into position. Raise until the clutch overrides. An audible snap will be felt.