All manual transmission vehicles are equipped with a neutral sensing switch. The neutral sensing switch signals the vehicle on-board computer, which allows the vehicle to start only when the transmission is in N .
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Place the transmission in any position other than N .
- Clean the area around the switch, then remove the switch.
- Install the switch and tighten 8-11 ft. lbs. (11- 16Nm).
- Reconnect the harness connector to the switch.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.