REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
If equipped, always turn off the Automatic Ride Control (ARC) service switch before lifting the vehicle off of the ground. Failure to do so could damage the ARC system components. Refer to Routine Maintenance for jacking procedures.
- Raise the vehicle and install jackstands under the frame. The vehicle must be supported in such a way that the rear axle hangs free with the tires still touching the ground.
- Remove the nuts from the spring U-bolts and drive the U-bolts from the U-bolt plate.
- Remove the spring to bracket nut and bolt at the front of the spring.
- Remove the shackle upper and lower nuts and bolts at the rear of the spring.
- Remove the spring and shackle assembly from the rear shackle bracket.
- Position the spring in the shackle. Install the upper shackle spring bolt and nut with the bolt head facing outward.
- Position the front end of the spring in the bracket and install the bolt and nut.
- Position the shackle in the rear bracket and install the nut and bolt.
- Position the spring on top of the axle with the spring tie bolt centered in the hole provided in the seat.
- Lower the vehicle to the floor. Torque the spring U-bolt nuts to 65-75 ft. lbs. Torque the front spring bolt to 75-115 ft. lbs. Torque the rear shackle nuts and bolts to 75-115 ft. lbs.