REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the blade end of the arm off of the windshield.
- Move the slide latch away from the pivot shaft. The wiper arm can now be removed from the shaft without the use of any tools.
- Be sure the wipers are in the parked position, and the blade assembly is in its correct position.
- Push the main head over the pivot shaft.
- Hold the main arm head onto the pivot shaft while raising the blade end of the wiper arm and push the slide latch into the lock under the pivot shaft head.
- Lower the blade to the windshield. If the blade does not lower to the windshield, the slide latch is not completely in place.
See Figure 4
- Raise the windshield wiper blade/arm off of the glass and place it into the service position.
- Using a small, flat bladed prytool, release the retaining clip at the base of the windshield wiper pivot arm.
- Carefully pry the wiper arm from the shaft.
- Ensure that the wiper motor pivot shaft is in the park position.
- Position the wiper arm over the shaft and firmly push it on until it stops.
- Lower the wiper blade/arm against the glass.
The blade is properly positioned when it firmly contacts the windshield wiper arm stop. If it does not, remove the arm again and reposition it so that it does.