Removal & Installation
- If your vehicle is equipped with A/C evacuate the system using an approved recovery/recycling station.
- Remove the engine air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the battery cables, negative cable first.
- Remove the battery and battery tray.
Raise the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
CAUTIONNever open, service or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant. Also, when draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantities. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Drain the cooling system into a suitable container.
- Unfasten the bolts retaining the lower radiator hose shield and remove the shield.
- Disconnect the lower radiator hose from the radiator.
- Disconnect the A/C evaporator muffler and hoses from the A/C condenser core. Cap all openings immediately to avoid system contamination.
- Using a 3 / 8 inch fuel line disconnect tool T90T-9550-S or its equivalent, disconnect the lower transaxle oil cooler tube from the radiator.
- Unfasten the two screws from the lower transaxle oil cooler tube and allow the transaxle oil cooler tube to hang.
- Remove both of the transaxle oil cooler tubes from the left end of the power steering/transaxle oil cooler.
- Remove the lower radiator mounts and lower the vehicle.
- Unfasten the four bolts retaining the hood latch support and position the latch support to one side.
- Remove the front bumper cover and the upper radiator support.
- Disconnect the radiator overflow hose from the radiator.
- Remove the power distribution box, harness and bracket, then position the box and harness aside.
- Tag and unplug the wiring from the fan motor.
- Unfasten the screws retaining the engine control sensor wiring and position the wiring aside.
- Disconnect the power steering fluid cooler from the power steering pump.
- Support the fan blade and fan shroud assembly.
- Unfasten the fan assembly brackets-to-sub-frame bolts.
Remove the cooling fan assembly from the vehicle.
- Place the fan assembly in position and install the fan assembly-to-frame rail retainers. Tighten the retainers to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm).
- Connect the power steering fluid cooler to the power steering pump.
- Place the engine wiring into position and install the retaining screws.
- Attach the wiring to the power steering pump.
- Place the power distribution box and bracket in position and install the retainers to 18-25 ft. lbs. (25-35 Nm).
- Connect the upper radiator hose and the overflow hose to the radiator and tighten the hose clamps.
- Install the upper radiator support and the front bumper cover.
- Place the hood latch support assembly in position and install the retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 18-25 ft. lbs. (25-35 Nm).
- Raise the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
- Connect both of the transaxle oil cooler tubes to the left end of the power steering/transaxle oil cooler.
- Install the power steering transaxle cooler and its retaining bolt and nut. Tighten the bolt and nut to 45-61 ft. lbs. (5-7 Nm).
- Connect the lower transaxle oil cooler tube.
- Connect the A/C evaporator muffler and hoses to the condenser core.
- Connect the lower radiator hose to the radiator and tighten the clamp.
- Install the lower radiator hose shield and its retainers. Tighten the retainers to 45-61 inch lbs. (5-7 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle and install the battery tray and battery.
- Install the engine air cleaner assembly.
- Fill and bleed the power steering reservoir.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.
- Connect the battery cables, negative cable last.
- Evacuate and recharge the A/C using the proper recovery/recycling station.