Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the strut from the vehicle.
- Compress the coil spring using a suitable spring compressor until the spring comes away from the seat.
- Remove the large center nut and slowly release the spring compressor.
- Compress the spring and install it on the strut.
- Install the lower washer and mounting bracket.
- Install the upper washer and a new nut. Tighten the nut to 46 ft. lbs. (62 Nm).
- Install the strut assembly in the vehicle.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the strut from the vehicle and mount in a vise using a strut holder. This will prevent damage to the strut tube.
- Using a proper spring compressor, compress the spring and lock into place.
- Remove the top nut of the strut mount. Counterhold the strut rod during removal.
- Pull the strut mount off the strut rod. Note the positioning of the spacers and washer for replacement.
- Pull the spring off the strut and place aside in a safe area.
- slowly release the compression of the spring.
- Install the spring in the compressor and compress.
- Install the spring and strut mount with all the spacers and washers in their original positions. New strut rod nut: 47 ft. lbs. (65 Nm).
- Release the spring slowly and check that it seats in the spring holders. Install the strut in the vehicle.