- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Using suitable hose pinching pliers, clamp the fuel tank filler hose in the location illustrated.
- Release the clamp to the fuel tank filler tube and remove. Disconnect the three quick release couplings from the fuel tank tubes.
- Disconnect the fuel pump electrical connector.
- Disconnect the fuel filter inlet tube.
- Position a suitable lifting device under the fuel tank.
- Remove the two fuel tank support strap bolts (one shown).
- Lower the fuel tank to access the fuel pump module while swinging the fuel tank support straps away from the fuel tank.
- Clean the area around the fuel pump mounting flange.
- Disconnect the fuel pump module electrical connector and the fuel pump module fuel outlet tube.
Using the tool illustrated, remove the fuel pump module retaining ring.
CAUTIONThe fuel pump module must be handled carefully to avoid damage to the float arm, filter and convolute hoses.
- Turn the fuel pump module counterclockwise and the fuel pump module will release from the locking tabs.
- Remove the fuel pump module from the fuel tank.
- Drain the fuel from the fuel tank.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Tighten the fuel tank strap bolts to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Start the engine and check for leaks.