- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Using suitable hose pinching pliers, clamp the fuel tank filler hose in the location illustrated.
- Release the clamp to the fuel tank filler tube and remove. Disconnect the three quick release couplings from the fuel tank tubes.
- Disconnect the fuel pump electrical connector.
- Disconnect the fuel filter inlet tube.
- Position a suitable lifting device under the fuel tank.
- Remove the two fuel tank support strap bolts.
- Lower the fuel tank to access the fuel pump module while swinging the fuel tank support straps away from the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the fuel pump module electrical connector and the fuel pump module fuel outlet tube.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Tighten the fuel tank strap bolts to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Start the engine and check for leaks.