Removal & Installation
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the protective cap for the pressure relief valve.
Unscrew the fuel pressure relief valve.
- Install the valve and tighten it to 68 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install the protective cap for the pressure relief valve.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Run the engine at idle for 2 minutes, then turn the engine OFF and check for fuel leaks and proper operation.