Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the I/P lower steering column cover.
- Detach the ignition switch electrical connector.
- Turn the ignition key lock cylinder to the RUN position.
- Remove the 2 screws attaching the ignition switch and disengage the switch from the actuator pin.
- Adjust the ignition switch by sliding the carrier to the switch RUN position. A new replacement switch assembly will already be set in the RUN position.
- Make sure the ignition key lock cylinder is in the RUN position. The RUN position is achieved by rotating the key lock cylinder approximately 90 degrees from the lock position.
- Install the ignition switch into the actuator pin. It may be necessary to move the switch slightly back and forth to align the switch mounting holes with the column lock housing threaded holes.
- Install and tighten the attaching screws.
- Attach the switch connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check the ignition switch for proper function, including START and ACCESSORY positions. Make sure the column is locked with the switch in the LOCK position.
- Install the instrument panel lower steering column cover.