Diagnosis & Testing
The one-touch down (OTD) power window function allows the driver door window glass to completely lower with one button press. The driver window control switch is hardwired to the smart junction box (SJB) and door window regulator and motor. When the SJB senses a one-touch down request from the driver window control switch, the SJB supplies a ground to the OTD relay coil. The OTD relay then provides power to the driver window regulator motor, lowering the window. The OTD feature will function when the ignition switch is in the RUN or ACC position. The OTD feature also operates while the ignition is OFF and the delayed accessory time-out period has not expired or the driver door has not been opened.
Removal & Installation
Motor & Regulator
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
Remove the door trim panel screws.
- Remove the watershield.
Remove the interior weatherstrip.
CAUTIONPrior to removing the rivet center pins, place suitable support between the door outer panel and the glass to stabilize the glass.
NOTELower the window to access the rivets.
- Remove the 2 rivets retaining the front door window glass to the front door window regulator assembly.
- Tilt the front door window glass forward and remove the glass.
- Disconnect the front door window regulator motor electrical connector.
- Remove the window regulator rivets.