- Remove the starter motor.
- Remove the positive brush connector from the solenoid motor -M'' terminal.
- Unfasten the solenoid retaining screws and remove the solenoid.
- Correctly position the solenoid to the drive end housing, making sure the solenoid plunger is attached through the drive lever and pin (the bottom M solenoid should have a metal strip attached to it).
- Install and tighten the solenoid screw(s) to 45-88 inch lbs. (5-10 Nm).
- Attach the positive brush connector nut to the solenoid M terminal and tighten the brush connector nut to 80-123 inch lbs. (9-14 Nm).
- Install the starter motor.