See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the alternator/regulator assembly.
- Remove the four T20 Torx® head type screws attaching the regulator to the alternator rear housing.
- Remove the regulator, with the brush and terminal holder attached, from the alternator.
- Pry the cap off the A terminal screw with a prytool.
- Unfasten the brush and terminal holder-to-voltage regulator T20 Torx® head type screws, then separate the regulator from the brush and terminal holder.
- Engage the voltage regulator to the brush and terminal holder and tighten the two screws to 25-35 inch lbs. (2.8-4 Nm)
- Install the cap on the A terminal screw.
- Depress the brushes into the brush holder and hold the brushes in position by inserting a standard size paper clip or its equivalent through both the location holes in the regulator and the holes in the brushes.
- Fit the regulator and brush holder assemblies to the alternator rear housing and install the retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 21-30 inch lbs. (2.3-3.4 Nm).
- Remove the paper clip or equivalent from the alternator.
- Connect the alternator wiring harness.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
The voltage regulator on these models is an integral part of the alternator. If the regulator is defective, replace the alternator assembly.