REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
This is a two person operation.
- Remove the two door check-to-body retaining screws.
Cover the end of the check strap to prevent possible paint damage.
- On the rear doors, remove the rear door trim panel, detach the electrical connectors from the components (if equipped) and remove the wiring harness from rear door.
- On the driver's side front door, disconnect the window regulator wiring, if so equipped, by removing the wire connector cover, loosening the screw and separating the connector halves.
- On the passenger side front door, remove the rubber harness protector from the body to reveal the electrical connectors. Detach the two electrical connectors.
If the door is to be replaced, transfer the following components to the new door if in usable condition:
Door trim panel
- Remove the hinge retaining screws and nuts from the door and remove the door.
- Position the door onto the hinges and hand tighten the screws.
- Align the door and tighten the screws to 19-25 ft. lbs. (25-35 Nm).
- If removed, install the wiring harness to the rear doors.
- Attach the electrical connectors to the door panel.
- Install the door panel(s).
- Determine which hinge bolts and nuts must be loosened to move door in desired direction.
- Loosen the hinge bolts and nuts enough to permit movement of the door with a padded pry bar.
- Move the door the estimated necessary distance. Tighten the hinge bolts and nuts to 19-25 ft. lbs. ( 25-35 Nm) and check door fit to make sure there is no bind or interference with the adjacent panel.
- Repeat the operation until desired fit is obtained.