REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
The help of an assistant is recommended when removing or installing the hood.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open and support the hood.
- Protect the body with covers to prevent damage to the paint.
- Unplug any electrical connections and windshield washer hoses that would interfere with the hood removal.
- Use a marker or scribe marks around the hinge locations for reference during installation.
- While an assistant helps secure the hood, unfasten the attaching bolts, then remove the hood from the vehicle.
- Place the hood into position. Install and partially tighten attaching bolts.
- Adjust the hood with the reference marks and tighten the attaching bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Check the hood for an even fit between the fenders and for flush fit with the front of the fenders. Also, check for a flush fit with the top of the cowl and fenders. If necessary, adjust the hood latch.
- Attach any electrical connections or windshield washer hoses removed to facilitate hood removal.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- The hood can be adjusted fore-and-aft and side-to-side by loosening the two hood-to-hood hinge retaining bolts at each hood hinge.
- Position the hood as required and tighten the hood-to-hood hinge retaining bolts. A 0.10-0.22 inch (2.5-5.5 mm) margin should be maintained between the hood and front fenders.