REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Liftgate removal and installation is a two-person operation.
- Before removing the hinge-to-roof frame attachments at both liftgate hinges, use a felt marker or equivalent to mark the location of each liftgate hinge on the roof frame being careful not to scratch the paint.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open the liftgate.
- Remove the rear corner upper finish panel.
- Detach the wiring harness connectors at the top left and right D pillar posts.
- Remove the liftgate harness and rubber harness protectors from the body.
- Remove the luggage compartment door hydraulic lifts.
Do not remove the Torx® head bolt and nut. They are used to locate the hinge to the body during installation.
- Remove the screw and nut retaining the liftgate hinge-to-body.
- Remove the liftgate from vehicle.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal.
- Tighten screw and nut to 19-25 ft. lbs. ( 25-35 Nm)
The liftgate can be adjusted:
- Shift or shim the liftgate hinge as required.
- Seal the liftgate hinge to the body with Silicone Rubber D6AZ-19562-AA or equivalent meeting Ford specifications ESB-M4G92-A and ESE-M4G195-A.
- Tighten the through-bolt and nut to 71-88 inch lbs. ( 8-10 Nm) using a Torx® T-25 bit and 10 mm wrench. Tighten the remaining screw and nut to 19-25 ft. lbs. ( 25-35 Nm).
- Install the rear corner upper finish panel after the alignment is complete.