REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the bolt retaining the brake hose to the strut bracket.
- If equipped with disc brakes, remove the rear caliper and rotor.
- If equipped with drum brakes, remove the brake drum.
- Remove the grease cap from the bearing and hub assembly and discard the grease cap.
- Remove the bearing and hub assembly retaining nut and discard. Remove the bearing and hub assembly from the spindle.
- Position the wheel hub and bearing on the rear spindle.
- Install a new wheel hub retainer nut and tighten to 188-254 ft. lbs. (255-345 Nm).
- Install a new hub cap grease seal using Shaft Protector T89P-19623-FH, or equivalent. Tap on the tool until the hub cap grease seal is fully seated.
- Install the rear disc/drum brake assembly.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check the front end alignment. Road test the vehicle and check for proper operation.