REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Make sure a new upper ball joint nut is available.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Place a jackstand under the lower control arm and raise the lower control arm to normal curb height.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the brake hose bracket retaining bolt and separate the bracket from the body.
- Remove and discard the upper ball joint nut. Separate the ball joint from the wheel spindle.
- Remove the upper control arm-to-body nuts and bolts. Remove the upper control arm.
- Inspect the upper control arm and bushings. The bushings are not serviceable.
- Place the upper control arm in position and install the upper control arm-to-body nuts and bolts. Do not tighten at this time.
- Install the ball joint stud into the upper control arm and install a new nut. Tighten the nut to 50-68 ft. lbs. (68-92 Nm).
- Tighten the upper control arm-to-body nuts and bolts to 73-97 ft. lbs. (98-132 Nm).
- Install the brake line bracket and retaining bolt to the body.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly. Tighten the lug nuts to 85-105 ft. lbs. (115-142 Nm).
- Remove the jackstand.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check the rear wheel alignment.
- Road test the vehicle and check for proper operation.