Some vehicles may be equipped with a cabin air filter. This filter restricts the entry of airborne dust and pollen particles. The filter is usually located just in front of the windshield under the cowl vent screen on the passenger side of the vehicle.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
- Open the hood.
- Tag and disconnect any necessary vacuum hoses.
- Rotate and remove the four push pins located on the cowl vent screen.
- Remove the three push-on clips and remove the cowl vent screen.
- Unfasten the two screws attaching the cowl top inner panel shield and remove the shield.
- Remove the filter by sliding it forward out of the housing and then towards the center of the vehicle.
- Installation of the remaining components is the reverse of removal.