REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Raise the covers over the wiper arm retaining nuts.
- Remove the retaining nuts on the wiper arm pivots.
- Matchmark the wiper arms to the pivot for reinstallation.
- Lift each wiper arm and free it from the pivot shafts.
The wiper arms will most likely be stuck, a useful tool for removal of the wiper arms is a battery terminal puller. The battery terminal puller exerts force on the pivot and raises the arm, otherwise prying and other techniques could do damage to the wiper arms, trim, windshield, or painted surfaces of the vehicle.To install:
- Place the wiper arm onto the pivot aligning the matchmarks.
- Tighten the wiper arm retaining nuts.
- Fasten the retaining nut covers.
See Figures 5 and 6
To avoid scratching the glass and/or paint, do not pry the wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft from the pivot arm with a metal or sharp tool.
- Raise the arm away from the back window glass, then insert a 0.062 in. (1.6mm) pin into the hole in the wiper arm.
- Lower the arm to the glass to relieve arm spring tension.
- Lift the arm assembly off of the pivot shaft.
- Place the arm over the pivot shaft.
- Position the arm onto the pivot shaft, ensuring the placement is aligned. And remove the pin.