REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
In normal service it should not be necessary nor is it required to drain and refill the AT fluid. However, under severe operation or dusty conditions the fluid should be changed every 20 months or 20000 miles (32206 km).
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Place a suitable drain pan underneath the transaxle oil pan. Loosen the oil pan mounting bolts and allow the fluid to drain until it reaches the level of the pan flange. Remove the attaching bolts, leaving one end attached so that the pan will tip and the rest of the fluid will drain.
- Remove the oil pan. Thoroughly clean the pan. Remove the old gasket. Make sure that the gasket mounting surfaces are clean.
- Remove the transaxle filter screen retaining bolt. Remove the screen.
- Install a new filter screen and O-ring.
- Place a new gasket on the pan and install the pan to the transaxle. Insert and tighten bolts.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Fill the transaxle to the correct level.
- Road test the vehicle.