The fluid control valve is located in the body of the master cylinder, just below the primary reservoir compartment. This valve is responsible for pressure relief for the large fast fill bore in the master cylinder.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove any brake fluid from the reservoir.
- Remove the brake reservoir from the primary port, by carefully prying up on the reservoir. Rotate the reservoir out of the way and remove the grommet from the casting.
- Use a socket and remove the control valve. Inspect for contamination.
- Install new fluid control valve. Tighten valve to 8-1.6 ft. lbs. (11-13 Nm).
- Install the reservoir to the primary port. Add brake fluid.
- Bleed brake system as needed.