There are 2 pressure control valves housed in the master cylinder assembly. The valves reduce rear brake system hydraulic pressure when the pressure exceeds a preset value. The rear brake hydraulic pressure is limited in order to minimize rear wheel skidding during hard braking.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 9
- Disconnect the primary or secondary brake line, as necessary.
- Loosen and remove the pressure control valve from the master cylinder housing.
- Install the pressure control valve in the master cylinder housing port and tighten to 10-18 ft. lbs. (14-24 Nm).
- Connect the brake line and tighten the fitting to 10-18 ft. lbs. (14-24 Nm).
- Fill and bleed the brake system.