The switches controlling the cruise control function of the vehicle can be found in the steering wheel. If for any reason one switch becomes defective, the entire switch panel must be replaced.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The style of steering wheel may vary between vehicle, but the procedure for control switch removal and installation remains the same.
- Remove the negative terminal from the battery.
- Remove the steering wheel cover pad by unfastening the retaining screws from the back of the wheel.
- Disconnect the horn wire connectors from the steering wheel cover pad.
- Remove the entire cruise control switch assembly by unfastening the retaining screws and unplugging the wire connector and removing the switch.
- Position cruise control switch into steering wheel and secure with retaining screws. Connect wire harness.
- Carefully attach the horn wire harness to the steering wheel cover pad.
- Install steering wheel cover pad with retaining hardware.
- Connect negative battery terminal.
- Road test vehicle to check cruise control operation.