REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal located in the trunk compartment.
- Disconnect and remove injection lines from the injection pump and nozzles. Cap all lines and fittings using protective caps.
- Remove the nuts attaching the fuel return line to the nozzles, and remove the return line and seals.
- Remove the nozzles using a 27mm deep well socket.
- Remove the nozzles gaskets and washers from nozzle seat, using an O-ring pick tool.
- Clean the outside of the nozzle assemblies using a nozzle cleaning kit, for example, Rotunda model 14-0301 or equivalent, and a suitable solvent. Dry thoroughly.
- Position new sealing gaskets in the nozzle seats.
Install gasket with red painted surface facing up.
- Position new copper washers in the nozzles bores.
- Install nozzles and tighten to 44-51 ft. lbs. (60-70 Nm).
- Position fuel return line on the nozzles, using new seals.
- Install fuel return line retaining nuts and tighten to 10 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Install fuel lines on the injection pump and nozzles. Tighten capnuts to 18-22 ft. lbs. (25-29 Nm).
- Air bleed the fuel system.
- Connect the negative battery terminal.
- Run engine and check for fuel leaks.