The fuel pump in the diesel engine is a mechanical type located in the engine compartment. The pump draws fuel from the fuel tank as the cam lobes activate the pump action.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The fuel pump is located in the engine compartment, bolted to the left hand side of the cylinder head.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable located in the luggage compartment.
- Loosen the fuel lines at the fuel pump. Remove the lines and cap the ends.
- Loosen and remove the mounting bolts securing the pump to the engine. Remove the pump.
- Remove and discard the gasket. Make sure the mounting surfaces are clean.
- Position a new gasket between the engine surface and the fuel pump. Secure the fuel pump using the mounting bolts. Tighten bolts to 11-19 ft. lbs. (15-25 Nm).
- Install and tighten the fuel inches to the fuel pump.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start vehicle and check for leaks.
- Air bleed the fuel system if necessary.