REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable located in the luggage compartment.
- Remove the injector(s) from the engine.
- Clean entire injector assembly before disassembly.
- Place injector in soft jawed vise.
- Using a suitable deep well socket, remove the nozzle from the injector.
- Place the nozzle on a clean cloth and remove the internal parts in order on the cloth.
- Clean all parts in a suitable cleaning solution. Wash nozzle and needle valve in light oil.
- Visually inspect all parts, and replace any if necessary.
- Install needle valve, nozzle spacer, pushrod pressure spring, adjuster spring and nozzle holder into the retaining nut.
- Tighten nozzle to injector body.
- Install injector into engine.
- Start vehicle and check for fuel leaks.
In the event the injection lines are loosened or removed, the system must be bleed to remove any air that may have entered the line. If air enters a diesel fuel injection system, the vehicle looses performance.
- Start vehicle and allow to reach operating temperature.
- While the vehicle is running, loosen the capnut at the top of the of each injector slightly. Do not loosen the nut more than 1 full revolution. This will allow any air present in the fuel line to escape.
- Start at one end of the engine and proceed to the other end until the job is complete.