REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The Tempo/Topaz utilize two different type rotor caps. These cap are NOT interchangeable.
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Release the distributor cap retaining screws and lift the cap from the distributor assembly.
With the distributor cap removed, determine whether the rotor cap is a screw type, or a pull up type. Proceed as follows:
- If the rotor cap is round, then it is a screw type cap.
- If the cap is small and straight, then it is a pull up type.
- Based upon the identification above, remove the rotor cap.
- To install:
- Place the rotor into position and either push down to secure, or install the retaining screws.
- Properly fit the cap onto the distributor by aligning the marks on the side of the cap, and secure the retaining screws. Tighten screws to 18-2 inch lbs. (2.0-2.6 Nm).
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.