REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the distributor from the engine.
- Place the distributor on a workbench and remove the the module retaining screws. Carefully pull the right side of the module down towards the base of the distributor mounting flange, then back up to disengage the module terminals from the connector in the distributor base. The module may be pulled toward the flange and away from the distributor.
Do not attempt to lift the module from the mounting surface, except as explained in Step 3. Any other way will cause the pins to break at the distributor module connector.To install:
- Coat the baseplate of the ignition module uniformly with a 1 / 32 in. (0.8mm) of silicone dielectric compound WA-10 or equivalent.
- Position the module on the distributor base mounting flange. Carefully position the module toward the distributor bowl and engage the 3 connector pins securely.
- Install the retaining screws. Tighten to 15-35 inch lbs. (1.7-4.0 Nm), starting with the upper right screw.
- Install the distributor into the engine, making sure all the marks align properly. Install the retaining bolt and tighten to 17-25 ft. lbs. (23-34 Nm). Attach cap and wires.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Recheck the initial timing. Adjust, if necessary.