REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Vehicles equipped with a diesel engine, have the battery located in the trunk.
- Loosen the battery cable bolts and spread the ends of the battery cable terminals.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable first.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable.
- Remove the battery hold-down.
- Wearing heavy gloves and goggles, clean the cable terminals and battery with baking soda and water, and terminal cleaning brush. Remove the battery from under the hood. Be careful not to tip the battery and spill any acid on yourself or the car during removal.
- Wearing heavy gloves and goggles, place the battery in its holder under the hood. Use care not to spill the acid.
- Install the battery hold-down. When tightening hold-down, do not over tighten , because the plastic battery case may break and spill the acid. This would ruin the battery.
- Install the positive battery cable first.
- Install the negative battery cable.
- Apply a light coating of grease to the cable ends. This will seal and protect the connectors.