REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- It is recommended that you remove the distributor assembly from the engine.
- Place the distributor on the workbench and remove the the module retaining screws. Pull the right side of the module down the distributor mounting flange and back up to disengage the module terminals from the connector in the distributor base. The module may be pulled toward the flange and away from the distributor.
Do not attempt to lift the module from the mounting surface, except as explained in Step 3, as pins will break at the distributor module connector.To install:
- Coat the baseplate of the new ignition module uniformly with a 1 / 32 in. (0.8mm) coating of silicone dielectric compound WA-10 or equivalent.
- Position the module on the distributor base mounting flange. Carefully position the module toward the distributor bowl and engage the 3 connector pins securely.
- Install the retaining screws. Tighten to 11-31 inch lbs. (1.7-4.0 Nm), starting with the upper right screw.
- Install the distributor into the engine.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Start vehicle. Recheck the initial timing. Adjust, if necessary.