REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transaxle and clutch assemblies. Remove the rear cover plate, if so equipped.
- Install a suitable flywheel holding tool and remove the flywheel retaining bolts. Remove the flywheel.
- Inspect the flywheel for cracks, heat checks or other damage that would make it unfit for further service. Replace the flywheel with a new one, if required.
- Install the flywheel and using a suitable flywheel holding tool, torque the flywheel retaining bolts to 54-64 ft. lbs. (73-87 Nm).
- Install the transaxle assemblies. Rear cover plate, if so equipped.
- Reconnect the negative battery. Start the engine and check for proper starter gear-to-flywheel meshing.